Wednesday, October 18, 2006

STORD

Its been 12days now since i arrived here at Stord.
Stord is a small town to the west coast of Norway. One of the most interesting things is the weather. The locals are crazy about the weather and have so many words to describe it. I find myself freezing most of the time and they remind me that there is NO BAD WEATHER ONLY BAD CLOTHES! Its kind of scary because its now between 12 and 9 degrees centigrades and soon it will be below zero. I try to dress warm and that makes me overdressed most of the time.
It also rains a lot here and the locals are used to it, life goes on. This is unlike Kenya where rain disrupts peoples programs.
It’s now autumn and the trees are beautiful. So many colors on the trees, yellow, red, purple, green, brown, etc. The leaves have begun to fall off in preparation for winter.I have never seen so many colours on the trees before. Its really great to take walks and admire nature.

No comments: